Thursday, January 3, 2008

The First Signs of Construction??

The slab contractor I've chosen says he should be ready to skate out the piling locations this Saturday. I'm supposed to get confirmation tomorrow. He also promises that I'll have all of his insurance documentation before any work begins. We'll see.

Today I bought some piling stakes. At least, I think they're piling stakes. They're 1x2 inches and about 12-18 inches long. So I'm ready if he does show up.

I also called the power company today to see if they're received the permit from the parish to install my temporary electric. They have not. My electrician friend says it has been called in to the Parish for them to inspect the pole. But something must be holding it up. I have to call them tomorrow.

I recently went to take a closer look at the Pella windows. The jamb liner seemed like it was cheaply made (a thin, fuzzy strip). I'm going to look more closely at the Marvin and Allenco windows before making a decision.

No comments: