Monday, January 7, 2008

Progress on the Tree Limb Fiasco

According to the lawyer I used for creating the contracts, I have the right to trim any tree limb from any neighbor's tree if it crosses into my property and prevents me from using my property the way I choose to.

Actually, by law, I can make the tree owner pay for the cutting. I'm not interested in this because I would be affecting the wrong neighbor. And actually I was wrong yesterday: the tree trunk isn't completely in my rear neighbor's yard. It actually straddles the line between my rear neighbor and my side neighbor (see updated diagram below).



I'm waiting for the lawyer to call me tonight or tomorrow morning so he can put a copy of the relevant law in my hands. Then I plan to cut the limb tomorrow or the next day. The only trick will be how to cut the limb so that I minimize how much will fall into the neighbor's yard. I'm assuming at this point that she's not going to invite me into her yard to do the cutting.

I'm very disappointed that she's forcing me to start off our relationship this way. You figure you want to have good relationships with your neighbors. Oh well...

No comments: