Thursday, January 31, 2008

Plumbing Continues

They made more progress on the plumbing today until it started raining heavily around 4:30. Drainage to the kitchen island is done. So is the "kids" bathroom, as well as the vent stacks and toilet drain in the garage. When I left, they were digging out the trench for the main drain to run out the front of the house. I've got 4 drain clean-outs so far. One more to come, I think. The plumber commented at how much pipe I have under there. Here are some photos:



My electrician is coming out tomorrow now to help lay some of the underground lines. He'll meet me at the lot to make a shopping list and we'll go together to get the stuff from a local supply house. We can use his account to get things cheaper.

The plumber advised against putting any electrical runs in the slab until they dig out all the chain walls. He said it could get knocked out of place. Also the main electrical conduit out front could get damaged if heavy trucks roll on top of it. But it would be three feet down, so I'm not sure how much damage could be done. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: