Friday, January 25, 2008

Water and Plumbing to Come

I went to the parish office yesterday to pay for my water meter and schedule installation. You ready for this cost? $1,150! Yikes! That breaks down to a $100 deposit + $250 installation fee + a whopping $800 amount for something called a "plant investment fee". I'm assuming that's one "investment" I'll never see a return from. :-(


They give you this green placard that you need to place on the property where you want the water meter located. I met with the plumber this morning to place it. Here's where we chose to put it (by the red dot).

And in case you were wondering, the blue areas are supposed to be the size of a car on the driveway and in the garage... When I paid for the meter, the girl asked me if I wanted it installed that day. Yeah, right. Like they're going to get to it the SAME day. I just called them to see when it is scheduled for. They said it's not even in their system yet. This is something I'm going to have to keep an eye on. Don't want them to lose my work order after paying all that money!

The plumber is planning to start his work on Monday. I'm in the process of selecting things like the master bath tub so that he'll know where the drain will be, etc. I originally wanted a water jet tub because I like how the massage feels. But those tubs require a lot of maintenance to clean out the water system each time you use it so that it doesn't grow mold. So now I'm considering an air-bubble tub.


No comments: