Monday, January 28, 2008

Plumbing Started

The plumber started today laying drainage pipes that go under the slab. I went to the lot at 9AM. A guy named Matt who works for my plumber was there with the trench digger, but the plumber wasn't there yet.

The plumber called me around 1PM to say that the wall in the powder room behind the lavatory needs to be a 2x6 wall just like the opposite wall. We also decided that the floor drain in the utility room will drain directly to the outside instead of into the main sewer line. This is because a back-up in the sewer line would mean sewage would come up through the floor.

My mom and I stopped by the lot around 3PM. The plumber said they had started around 10 or 11. They had most of the drains run for the master bathroom area of the house and had started on the utility room next door. That was all I saw.

He needs me to tell him exactly which air tub I'm going to have in the master bath tomorrow. I think I've settled on the Kohler K-1375-G, the 6ft Revival model. My mom and I went to a few bathroom showrooms today and saw some Jacuzzis, Kohlers, Jason tubs, etc. None of the salespeople were particularly helpful...

So plumbing work continues tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't rain. The parish has not come to install the water meter yet.

No comments: