Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Progress on Slab Form

Yesterday, the crew made a lot of progress on the slab form. The material take-off from the lumber yard assumed I would need one layer of 2x12's to go all the way around. That was before I found out I needed to build the slab higher if I want to avoid needing flood vents in the front garage. It turns out I need two 2x12's stacked almost all the way around (except where the slab is lower, such as the patio and parts of the front garage. They used all the lumber from the original take-off, which got most of the form done.



The plumber can start working now. And I can get the dirt inside the form to pad it up. The slab guys will come back to put additional 2x12's later. I wasn't able to talk to the lead guy about those arrangements. When they started in the morning (around 8:30), the owner's son was with the crew. When I went back later in the day, the son was gone and another guy had been left in charge. I'm glad he could speak English! I need to contact them to find out when, and I need to order the lumber.


I brought a garbage can over there for them, also. I hadn't thought to do that on the day they staked out the pilings, and a lot of trash & debris blew over to my good neighbor's yard.

Also, the portable toilet was delivered yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I knew!