Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pilings are In!

Wow, it only took 4 hours for them to drive all 54 pilings. I figured it would take all day! They started at 7AM and finished by 11. They told me there were no problems getting any of them in. That's good, because I figured they would run into roots from the old trees.



I had them adjust the height up because I want the front door of the front garage to be at base flood elevation. Then the rest of the house and rear garage will be 8-1/2 inches higher. This is because the front garage is 5-1/2 to 8-1/2 inches lower than the house. If I left the house at base flood elevation and left the garage lower, then I'd be required to add flood vents in my foundation for water to drain from the garage. I didn't want that.



Here's a picture of the pilings in progress (click for larger view):


No comments: