Sunday, March 23, 2008

Felt on the Roof

The framers finished the plywood and felt on the roof of the house this Friday (3/21). They also put the housewrap on the house. Now it's ready for the other subs to come do their rough-ins. My AC guy will call Monday morning to let me know what day he can start. It looks like the plumber will come in after him. And my electrician is hoping to get in there this Friday and Saturday. We'll see if that all pans out...

They still need to put the roof and the wrap on the Garage. The windows will be delivered this Tuesday, because that's when the framer said he'd be ready for them. I paid the framer his first $10,000 on Friday.

I went to Lowe's this week to buy all the wiring my electrician told me to get. Total cost: $1,800!

I've been looking again at front entry doors. I can get one for around $1,800 - 2,000, but it doesn't have the window configuration I like. It is however, narrow enough. I can't have two 36" doors. I need more like 32". The ones with my preferred windows are too wide (and too expensive at $46,00)!

I've got 2 insulation bids. Both around $9,000. I have one roofing bid so far, with another one scheduled to come out and measure this week.

No comments: