Saturday, March 29, 2008

Electrical Rough-in

My electrician and his helper worked half a day on Friday and all day today. They were able to wire most of the electrical stuff in the house. That leaves the structured wiring (telephone, cable, and data) in the house (and the power to the garage) for them to finish up this coming Friday or so. I have some homework to do in deciding what I want run to which box. Some will get just a telephone and data jack. Others will get multiple data lines, or a coax cable hookup, etc.

I finally got the plumber on the phone today. He wants to meet me at the house tomorrow to give me a list of stuff I need to buy in the next few days as he starts his rough-in.

My parents and I cleaned up the yard of all the scrap lumber and some lumber I need to send back. We also broke up some excess concrete that had been puddled in the front yard on the day of the slab pour.

I noticed today that the framers installed a window in the wrong place. There are two identical windows in a row next to the back door. One has tempered glass, and it needs to be the one right next to the door. They put the other one next to the door, so they'll need to swap them out.

We also built up the level of my kitchen island bar to 44 inches. The framer had built it to about 41 inches. This didn't leave enough space to comfortably fit the outlets in the backsplash. We added a couple of layers of 2x4s to the top to make up the 3 inches.

It rained for a while this afternoon, and my friend spotted a leak in the felted roof over the fridge in the kitchen. I'm glad I found that early and can let my roofer (whoever that will be) know about it. I've gotten two bids in for roofing so far. Another has measured and I'm expecting a bid from him. And I also want to try the people who did my rear neighbor's roof. They did a good job.

I really gotta post some more pictures...

No comments: