Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Arranging for the Utility Pole

Yesterday, I met with an engineer from Entergy, our electric utility. On my street, the utility poles are across the street. My neighbor has a utility pole in the alley between his house and our shared property line. Wires come from across the street (hanging through the corner of my property) to this pole. Then they get their power from "their" pole.

(Click image above for a larger version.) In order to keep the wires from hanging across my property, Entergy will install a new utility pole near the street just to the neighbor's side of the property line. This is on the parish easment. When this is complete, wires from across the street will swing to this pole instead, and then continue on to the neighbor's pole in the alley. Meanwhile, my electricity will come down the new pole and feed my house via buried cable.

No comments: