Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Biting the Bullet on the Sewer Connection :(

Yesterday, I went to the parish office to give them a $9,200 check for installing my sewer connection. It was a sad, sad day. :(

I had spoken to just about everyone in parish government that would talk to me and also two lawyers. The lawyers took time to call some contacts they had. Everyone confirmed that there was nothing I could do to avoid this. So, I wanted to get the ball rolling.

This is because the main sewer line is across the street from me. My particular lot doesn't have a sewer connection running across the street. Remember, my lot used to be part of the lot next door. When it was subdivided, the people built on the half with the existing connection. I could do something like run my sewer line laterally down to the neighbor's line, but I'd need the neighbor's permission and I'd have to pay to replace the driveway that would be dug up in the process. I'd rather have a direct line across the street.

I was told that the ticket will be passed to the sewer department and a work order will be created in 5 days or more.

When the work begins, my neighbors are going to be inconvenienced again. Replacing two pads of concrete in the street is going to create a big work area. I'm not sure if they'll do one side of the street at a time or if they'll block off the entire street since people can get out by going the opposite direction.

No comments: