Monday, August 18, 2008

Back from the Beach

Well, it's back to my day job today after a week off. My 4 days in Gulf Shores last week provided a much-needed rest from work and from house stuff. We had our share of rain, but not enough to ruin the trip. I love having a balcony right over the beach! This way, even if it rains I can still sit and listen to the waves. And that's all I really need. :)

After I got back, I went to another flooring store on Friday and my dad and I spent Saturday decking the attic floor with plywood. This will provide more space for storage (and also minimize the chance of someone accidentally putting their foot through the sheetrock into the living space downstairs)! Also on Saturday, my sheetrock guy came to put back the green rock in the shower that had to be removed for the pan installation. I also got a painter to come look at spraying the primer on the walls and ceilings.

For this week, I'm continuing the cabinet search, as well as looking for garage doors. Narrowing down at least my cabinet wood color will help with picking out paint and flooring for that part of the house. I need to get ready for the primer spraying by putting paper in all the lighting cans and outlet boxes to keep the paint out. Once I know a definite date, I'll also need to cover the floors with paper.

My slab guy was supposed to stop by on Saturday to look at my driveway job. He didn't show. So I have to work on him again.

No comments: