Saturday, November 17, 2007

Got the Permit!

I'm ready to go, permit-wise. Yesterday, I went in to the parish permits office. My intent was to go upstairs and deal with another form that they told me I'd need filled out before I could get the actual permit. I hadn't planned on leaving that day with the permit, but the timing worked out for me to get the whole thing done.

Upstairs, I needed to visit the public works (utilities) office for them to verify that my property has the infrastructure for water, sewerage, etc. That didn't take too long. Then I went back downstairs to the permits office. The guy I spoke with last time was out sick, but I get the next best person to process the application. So I'm now the proud owner of a piece of cardboard that says I can build! :)

I also got a temporary pole with all the components from my uncle. He last used it in Mississippi. We're going to the lot to put this in the ground today. If all goes well, my friend who is doing my electrical work can get the licensed electrician to call in for the inspection soon. Then I can get hooked up!

No comments: